1. Ecolife Solutions are committed to protecting your privacy and personal information. We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information to assist us in better understanding yourneeds and preferences in carrying on our business moreeffectively and efficiently, including to provide products and services more responsive to your needs. In this policy we explain how we collect your personal information, how we hold, use and disclose it and what controls you have over it and our use of it.
2. This policy is available on our website at ecolifesolutions.com.au.
Collection of information
3. Personal information is information that identifies you or from which you may reasonably be identified. The types of personal information that Ecolife Solutions may collect about you includes:
name, gender, date of birth and age;
identification information, including signature;
contact details, including personal and business addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers;
details about your purchases and orders from us and your product and services preferences;
employer or business details;
digital information, such as cookies, software versions used, device identifiers (like IP address), location data (where available and not disabled by the user), dates, times, file metadata, referring website, data entered, and user activity such as links clicked;
financial information, including bank and cheque account details and credit card details, and information about your credit history;
4. The main ways we collect personal information from you are:
if you purchase or order any product from us;
if you visit a Ecolife Solutions store or if you contact Ecolife Solutions, including to make an inquiry regarding our products and services, to make a complaint, to provide feedback, to seek a refund, or to attend an event;
if you are a supplier or service provider, in connection with the supply of products and services by your business to Ecolife Solutions;
if you interact with Ecolife Solutions via social networking services;
if you subscribe to any of our mailing lists or use any of our online applications;
if you participate in any competition that we conduct;
if you undertake any of Ecolife Solutions’ induction, safety or compliance processes;
if you engage, request or seek a quotation for a service from a third party that we use to provide a service to you; or
if you submit an employment application to us.
5. We may also collect personal information about you from:
publicly available sources, including from Australian Government agencies such as the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, New Zealand Companies Office, internet search platforms and social media platforms;
any person authorised to act on your behalf or authorised to provide your personal information to Ecolife Solutions;
credit reporting bodies and other credit providers;
any persons you nominate, if you submit an employment application to us; and
our related companies.
Use and disclosure of personal information
6. We use and disclose your personal information in connection with carrying on our business, including to provide products and services to you.
7. Ecolife Solutions may use your personal information:
to charge you for products and services we provide to you and to prepare invoices and sales records for such purchases;
to provide advice regarding our products and services to you (or arrange for others to do so at our request);
to deliver our products and services to you;
to consider feedback and complaints that you may make to us;
to provide refunds and exchanges;
to promote and advertise our products and services (including by including your feedback in our advertising) and to undertake competitions and events;
to undertake product recalls;
to monitor our sales of products and services and for quality control purposes, including undertaking customer surveys and analysis, or seeking feedback from customers;
to determine your product or service preferences;
to undertake data processing, data analysis, market research or trend analysis;
in the case of our suppliers or service providers, to manage the provision of products and services to us;
to monitor the use of our websites or mobile applications, including web-based referral channels, data entered and user activity such as links clicked;
to assist us to develop and deliver new products and services;
to assess any application that you make to us for a trade account or other credit account, of any nature;
to assist us, our service providers and related companies in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
to recruit our employees or engage contractors;
for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
for purposes directly related to any of the above.
8. We work with a number of third parties in carrying on our business and may disclose your personal information to:
third parties to facilitate the provision of products and services to you (including to facilitate repairs and customer recalls), these third parties include product manufacturers and suppliers, couriers and installers;
third parties, if you hire equipment from us which we supply as an agent for that third party;
marketing, advertising and promotions services providers and event organisers in connection with Ecolife Solutions’ marketing, advertising and events;
third parties who provide services to Ecolife Solutions in connection with our business operations, undertaking data monitoring or data analysis activities, monitoring trends in customer preferences or transactions and the operation and maintenance of our website, as well as our online services or online applications;
credit reporting agencies and other credit providers, to assist in assessing any application that you make to us for a trade account or other credit account, of any nature;
third parties who provide other administrative and operational services to Ecolife Solutions in connection with our business, including for example financial institutions, security services providers, market research or feedback collection companies, IT service providers, payment processers and collectors, mailing houses and card manufacturers;
Ecolife Solutions’ professional advisers, where required to enable any such adviser to provide services to Ecolife Solutions;
third parties necessary to assist us in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities
law enforcement agencies, government agencies or other third parties, where required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
other persons disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
related companies of Ecolife Solutions
9. You have the option of dealing with Ecolife Solutions anonymously or by using a pseudonym. However, if you deal with us in this manner, we may not be able to provide all of our products and services to you or interact with you in other ways set out in this policy. For example, we will not be able to deliver products to you if you do not provide us with address details for the delivery.
Marketing and advertising
10. As part of Ecolife Solutions’ functions and business activities and to promote the services we can provide to you, Ecolife Solutions may use and disclose to third parties personal information that you have provided to us for the purposes of advertising (including online behavioural advertising) and direct marketing. We may engage third parties to assist us in ensuring that the marketing and advertising we provide is of interest to you. Direct marketing includes, but is not limited to, Ecolife Solutions or third parties sending to you and/or contacting you directly in relation to promotions and information about Ecolife Solutions’ products and services. Generally, we will provide direct marketing to you where you have requested or consented to receiving such information. You can opt out of receiving direct marketing communications by using the opt out link or details provided in the direct marketing communication or sending an email to Ecolife Solutions’ administration at email@example.com.
Security and storage
12. Ecolife Solutions will take reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information that we hold, including both paper and electronic records. We have security measures in place to attempt to reasonably protect personal information under our control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, Ecolife Solutions seeks to ensure that personal information in paper form is held securely and personal information held electronically by or for Ecolife Solutions is held on secure servers. Data is stored and retained in Australia and the United States of America. Back up storage is held in Australia only.
13. No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, Ecolife Solutions cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information transmitted by you to Ecolife Solutions over the internet.
Use and disclosure of personal information
14. You have the right under applicable Australian privacy legislation to request access to, and correction of, personal information about you held by Ecolife Solutions, at no cost to you. Requests should be made as set out under the heading “How to contact Ecolife Solutions” below.
15. Ecolife Solutions may require you to verify your identity at the time you request access to, or correction of, your personal information so that we can ensure your personal information is disclosed only to you.
16. Ecolife Solutions will respond to any requests for access or correction within a reasonable time, but in any event by no later than 30 days after the date you make the request.
17. If Ecolife Solutions refuses to provide you with access to the personal information held about you, or if Ecolife Solutions refuses to correct that information, we will provide reasons for such refusal. If you object to the refusal, you may make a complaint in the manner indicated under the heading “Questions and complaints” below.
Questions and complaints
18. If you have a question or complaint about this policy, Ecolife Solutions’ collection of your personal information or the way in which Ecolife Solutions deals with your personal information, this should be directed to Ecolife Solutions’ administration using the contact details set out under the heading “How to contact Ecolife Solutions” below.
19. We will promptly investigate any complaint you make to us and attempt to resolve that complaint. If you are not satisfied with Ecolife Solutions’ proposed resolution of your complaint, or if we do not respond to you within 30 days of the date you make the complaint, then you may, if you are in Australia, contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner to resolve that complaint:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992
20. Ecolife Solutions’ website may contain links to other websites. If you access any third party website from Ecolife Solutions’ website, personal information about you may be collected by that third party website. Ecolife Solutions is not responsible for ensuring the protection of any of your information collected from any such third party website. Ecolife Solutions encourages you to be aware of when you leave our website and to read the privacy policies for every third party website that you access.
How to contact Ecolife Solutions
21. You can contact us in writing or by email as set out below:
Ecolife Solutions’ Administration
PO Box 5296
Brendale QLD 4500